Professionally written content is critically important, whether it is physically printed or virtually displayed. It’s hard to imagine how difficult it was for brick-and-mortar businesses to find professional writers and copywriters prior to the Internet. Today, with the help of the Internet, you’d be amazed how easy it is to find individuals with unique industry and product knowledge that can create written content on behalf of your company.
Let’s examine some of the various communication mediums that depend on the written word.
Unique and Compelling Content
Are you trying to be recognized as an industry thought leader? Or, are you just trying to share information about your service or product? You’ll need unique and compelling content. All of this content creation can be outsourced to expert writers.
- Blogging on your company website, or being a guest blogger on an industry website, is an excellent way to have a dialogue with your customers; these blog posts can be written for you by an outsourced writer.
- Articles, whether they are designed for physical magazines or online article directories, can be an important way to get the word out about your product, and can also showcase the author as a leading thought leader. These can be ghostwritten.
- Press release writing is a special skill set, even when they are distributed to online news websites. Press releases distributed by traditional channels to leading editors and industry analysts require even more experience. Public relations specialists are available online to create these.
- Newsletters are also a popular way to get prospect attention, whether you use “snail mail” or e-mail.
- Similarly, sales flyers that are physically mailed and e-mail “blasts” can be effective if they are properly written and sent to opt-in users. Again, writers are available to create the content and service providers are available to both create and distribute this content.
Insightful and Comprehensive Content
Are you trying to educate your prospect about your product’s competitive advantages? You will need content that is insightful and comprehensive:
- Company brochures and product data sheets need to be properly written. You’ll want to display them on your website and also print them professionally for use by your sales team.
- Professionally written product reviews, whether they are written for you to post on your website or to distribute on the Internet, or whether they are done by a professional reviewer to distribute in print, can be very effective if properly written. Product reviews are often sought out by online users searching for information on products and services.
- Customer case studies are very powerful. To do them well, it often requires that the writer interview the customer and the company’s product expert.
Now that you have educated your prospect, you should try to get them to take action and purchase your product. You’ll need a writer experienced in sales copywriting to create persuasive content. Copywriters are needed whenever you are creating an ad, for example, for either the Internet or the brick-and-mortar world. They also come in handy for the creation of landing pages for your website. For example, when a prospect sees your ad, you want to send them to a particular page on your website where you can try to close the sale. Sometimes these landing pages have to educate the prospect before they try to close a sale. The key to having high conversion rates of prospect to customer is to ensure that these landing pages do not have any unnecessary distractions that would give the prospect pause in purchasing your product.
Content For Humans AND Search Engines
All of these examples can not only influence your prospect, but if properly written, can also influence the search engines, resulting in more prospects visiting your website. Therefore, the writers need to have appropriate experience search engine optimizing content for this purpose. They need to be sure that the keywords and phrases (that prospects will use to hopefully find your website via the search engines) are prominently displayed in the written document. They also need to ensure that these documents incorporate appropriate URLs pointing to your website. Some of these documents could be used in a printed magazine or press release to use at a tradeshow. Therefore, all documents should clearly provide your website address, at a minimum.
In the end, you need a writer with the right knowledge and experience. Blog posts, press releases product reviews, and sales copy are specialized documents. They require people with experience as blogging journalists, public relations specialists, product managers and sales/marketing specialists. They also require knowledge of your industry and geography. They can be used to influence both prospects and search engines if properly optimized for that purpose. Marketing Outfield can help you find these experts so you can execute your marketing plan with confidence.